Thursday, April 16, 2015

Don't slam the effing door!


I'm a little off this week as my schedule changed. I usually have Thursdays off so I can write a blog and take my time so you all get your weekly need for movie goodness from the sweet sweet heroin that is Mr. Unhappy's Movie Blog. I am really putting forth the effort to be consistent with my blogging because well, it would be nice if I got better at doing what I do and maybe found a way to get some dollar bills in my pocket for watching movies... that's the dream. So forgive me my briefness with this blog. No less important and a movie worth seeing. I give you...


Winnebago Man



If you haven't seen the collection of outtakes from a Winnebago man slowly losing it while shooting a commercial, you have not laughed hysterically. I mean this YouTube video should be on everyone's must list. You just keep laughing. I've seen it 20-30 times and it still makes me laugh with hysterics and sometimes cry. I never knew much about the man, Jack Rebney, who has been called the angriest man in the world. This documentary from filmmaker Ben Steinbauer starts because one such viewer of this video decided he wanted to find out more about the man behind the swearing, ranting, sweating man who had a bad day a long time ago and achieved Internet stardom. When he finally meets Jack, he finds a man much the same as the man in the video but very smart and can be quite affable. He curses like a sailor and is having health issues that make him unable to leave his home very often and he likes it that way. He and his dog live in the woods...fishing and enjoying the solitude that such a life gives. He is through with the world and doesn't care about his Internet fame. He doesn't want to cash in and use the embarrassment of his past to make him a star. He's eccentric and funny and a little bit crazy. Watching this movie gives me an understanding of the man and makes me laugh. So if you've seen the video and want to know more, check it out. If you haven't seen the video and just want to watch a funny and sometimes poignant movie, check it out. If you hate all thing internets and wish things were simple like the old days, rent the DVD and enjoy your day...because streaming it on Netflix is too hard for you. And above all...do me a kindness...will you do that? Watch the movie... and get these fucking flies out here...God damn it.

Mr. Unhappy sez: Winnebago man is a quality movie about a simple subject. Where is goes...no one knows but the journey is one worth taking...

No comments:

Post a Comment